The cost of becoming a British citizen can vary depending on your individual circumstances. The Home Office fees for 2021 are £1,330 for applications made by adults, £1,206 for children under 18, and £372 for applications made by European Economic Area (EEA) nationals. You may also need to pay an English language test fee, a Life in the UK test fee, and/or a citizenship ceremony fee. Depending on your situation, the total cost of becoming a British citizen could be anywhere from £1,330 to over £2,000.
British citizenship application fees are £1,330 as of April 2021. If you’re applying for citizenship by ‘naturalization’, you must have held a permanent UK residence visa for at least 12 months. You may also need to meet the English language requirement and pass the Life in the UK test. The cost for a child to become a British citizen is £1,012. If you’re already a British citizen, you can apply for your child to become a British citizen if they were born outside the UK and you’re a British citizen by descent.
What documents do you need for a passport UK after naturalization?
After you have been naturalized as a British citizen, you will need to apply for a passport. You will need to provide proof of your British citizenship, as well as a few other documents.
First, you will need to provide your original naturalization certificate. This is the document that proves that you have been granted British citizenship. You will also need to provide a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport from your country of origin. In addition, you will need to provide two passport photos. These photos must be taken within the last six months and must meet the requirements set by the UK government.
Once you have gathered all of the required documents, you can begin the application process for a UK passport. The application process is relatively simple and can be done online.
If you’re a British citizen by naturalization, you need to renew your passport if it’s due for renewal. You should look at getting a new passport if it’s been more than 10 years since you got your current one, or if your current passport isn’t the 10-year adult passport.
To renew or get a new passport, you’ll need to:
- Have your current passport:
- Fill in a passport application form:
- Provide 2 passport-sized photographs of yourself:
- Provide proof of your British citizenship, such as your naturalization certificate or registration certificate:
- provide proof of your identities, such as your current passport, birth certificate, or driving license:
- provide proof of your name change, if you’ve changed your name since you got your current passport:
- pay the passport fee:
How long does it take for a British passport?
The time it takes to process a British passport application can vary depending on a number of factors. In most cases, it takes around six weeks to receive a British passport. However, if you need your passport urgently, there are a few things you can do to expedite the process.
How long does it take to get a British passport? The answer to this question depends on a number of factors, including your country of citizenship, your current passport, and your travel plans.
If you want to read this topic: indefinite leave to remain
If you are a British citizen, you can generally apply for a passport online and receive it within 3 weeks. However, if you need your passport urgently, you can pay an extra fee to have it processed within 5 days. If you are not a British citizen, the process may take longer. You will need to provide additional documentation and may need to appear in person for an interview. The entire process can take up to 6 weeks. So how long does it really take to get a British passport? It all depends on your individual circumstances.
What are the most common questions for the citizenship test?
There are a variety of questions that can be asked on the citizenship test. However, there are some questions that are more common than others. Below are some of the most common questions that are asked on the citizenship test.
- What is the name of the current president of the United States?
- What are the colors of the American flag?
- How many states are in the United States of America?
- What is the capital of the United States of America?
- What rights do citizens of the United States have?
- What is the Pledge of Allegiance?
- What are the two major political parties in the United States of America?
- What is the primary language of the United States of America?
- What is the currency of the United States of America?